How to Apply
Residents of Virginia with permanent upper limb mobility impairment, in accordance with Section § 33.2-613 D of the Code of Virginia may be eligible for toll free passage on Virginia toll roads. Qualifying residents
with specially equipped vehicles may receive a restricted use non-revenue transponder
for travel within the Commonwealth of Virginia.
For questions, please contact our Customer Service Center toll free at 877-762-7824, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m, Monday through Friday. Once your application has been submitted, please contact the service center that is handling your application.
- Please print and complete the Permanent Upper Limb Mobility Impairment application Parts I, II, and III.
- Visit, fax or mail one of the customer service centers listed below to submit your application.
- The customer service center representative will acknowledge receipt of the application
and provide a contact for follow-up. The application will be reviewed for completeness
and all documents will be submitted to VDOT for approval.
- When approved, a non-revenue transponder will be issued for use in the vehicle specified
in the application.
- You must notify the Customer Service Center if there is any change to the information
submitted in your original application.
Coleman Customer Service Center
1811 George Washington Memorial Highway
Gloucester Point, VA 23062
Hours: Monday-Friday 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Northern Virginia Service Center
610 Herndon Parkway
Herndon, VA 20170
Hours: Monday-Friday 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
175 Wadsworth Drive
Richmond, VA 23236
Hours: Monday-Friday 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.